Procurement Services offers the following services to the University community:
- Sourcing and Bidding
- Quality Assurance, Compliance and Planning
- Supplier Relations
- Training, Marketing and Communications
Methods of Procurement
- buyND – The preferred method for purchasing goods or services
- Procurement Card (ProCard) – May be used to purchase individual low-cost items (see university policy and procedure).
- Check Requisition – The Business Office can generate a check requisition in order to pay an outstanding invoice when buyND cannot be used.
- Expense Report Reimbursement – An expense report may be completed by an employee who has purchased items out-of-pocket and is seeking reimbursement.
University Preferred Vendors – Strategic vendors can be broken down into two categories: prime vendors and preferred vendors. Prime vendors have sole source contracts with the University for their commodities. These provide deep discounts to the University in exchange for the exclusive arrangement with the University (examples include Lenovo computers for Windows desktops and Office Depot for office supplies). If a prime vendor does not carry an item or its items do not meet your specifications, then other vendors may be utilized. Preferred vendors do not have exclusive arrangements for their commodities, but based on the pricing and terms and conditions, colleges and departments are strongly encouraged to use these vendors. Preferred vendors include moving services, software and peripherals.
Purchasing Forms For Large Items
- To purchase items over $10,000, please fill out the Supplier Justification>10K on the BuyND home page.
- Over Budget Request Form – Submit this form to the Business Office for approval to go over budget
Purchasing Office Furniture
The university requires that furniture be purchased through BuyND. Our strategic furniture vendor is Business Furnishings. Please do not utilize Office Depot or any other vendors for office furniture, unless approved by Procurement.
Amazon.com Purchasing Policy
Procurement Services is now supporting a campus-wide Amazon Business account. This is a new program that will replace all current Amazon Prime accounts paid for by colleges and administrative units.
Key points of the new Amazon Business account are:
The Amazon Business account is only to be used for buying items from Amazon when a product is not available from one of our Preferred Suppliers.
This program will save the University well over $10,000 annually.
The program provides the same Amazon shopping experience as a regular Amazon account for all purchases over $25.
Orders less than $25 will incur shipping charges.
Some technology product categories are restricted and require Procurement Services approval before purchasing.
Payments should be made using University Pro Card
If you do not have an Amazon account of any kind related to Notre Dame business and wish to participate in the new Amazon Business program, please email Mike Voss in Procurement Services with your preferred Notre Dame email address. This will become your new Amazon Business login. Mike will also need to know your academic or administrative unit (ex. Athletics) to add you as a user. Please note: personal Amazon accounts should not be used for University purchases and may not be considered for reimbursement.
If you experience any issues during the setup process, please reach out to Amazon Business Customer Service. Their phone number is 866-486-2360. Please use this team for anything relating to an order, transaction, shipment, and general Amazon related inquiries.
Please contact Mike Voss in Procurement via email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Purchasing Software Licenses / Applications
Please be aware that if you are planning to purchase software of any sort it must be approved through OIT and General Counsel prior to making the purchase. In order to initiate the approval process, please contact a member of the Athletics IT Solutions Team. With their assistance, they will walk through the process to understand your needs and assess the university’s security risk if the software is not currently in use on campus. Please provide the name of the vendor, their contact information (email and phone number), and the software agreement that can be reviewed by Athletics IT and General Counsel. Please plan for at least 2-3 weeks to complete the review process. Once approved, the Athletics IT Team will work with the Business Office staff to initiate the purchase order for the vendor. In many cases the university may already support a similar product and an additional site license will be purchased.
- Process for Purchasing Software Applications
- Project Data Assessment
- Data Access Policy
- Project Snapshot
- Risk Profile Assessment
- Gifts, Prizes and Awards
- Expense Reimbursements or Accounting for Advances
- Payments to Nonresident Aliens
- Reimbursements to Employees Who Have Paid Individuals
- Charitable Contributions from a Donor
- Charitable Contributions to a Non-Profit Organization
- Charitable Contributions in lieu of Compensation
- Scholarship Payments—contact the Tax Department at 1-7575 for tax implications
- Sales Tax Exemption and Collection