A message from the NCAA
In the 2012-13 fiscal year, the Association spent more than $49 million on transportation of student-athletes and personnel to NCAA championships. This is the single largest expense category related to NCAA championships. Given that expenses for travel continue to increase, it is imperative that we be mindful of transportation challenges facing intercollegiate athletics as we strive for stabilization in this area.
As in previous years, to assist with managing our travel costs, the Association has an agreement with Short’s Travel Management, through whom all championships air travel must be arranged. They can be reached at (866) 655-9215. Please note, air travel not booked through Short’s will not be reimbursed by the Association.
In addition, the NCAA has an agreement with GO Ground to provide ground transportation for all team championships. Again, all reimbursable charter bus transportation will be billed directly to the Association, so institutions participating in team championships are required to use GO Ground for all charter bus needs. They can be reached at (866) 386-4951. Any reimbursable charter bus usage not arranged through GO Ground will not be reimbursed.
The NCAA travel policies are available online . Once you have logged in to the membership section, click on Championships and then choose Travel and Reimbursement Information. The only changes to travel policies for 2013-14 are:
- Mileage reimbursement increases to 53 cents per mile for all divisions.
- Division II and Division III per diem increases to $95 per day.
We look forward to working with you and your staff in the coming months. As always, if you have any questions about championship travel, please contact us at (317) 917-6757, or by email.
Post-Season Travel Links
- ACC Olympic Sport Reimbursement Statement Excel 40KB
- ACC Basketball Reimbursement Statement for Championships – PDF
- NCAA Expense Reimbursement online form
- NCAA Championship Travel Policies – PDF
- Short’s Travel – Must utilize Short’s for all air travel to NCAA championships. In order for a team to be eligible for air transportation, they must be more than 400 miles from their campus to the competition site. Men’s and Women’s Basketball must be more than 350 miles to qualify. As soon as possible, teams should update their account profile. “Information regarding NCAA air travel arrangements”:. When invoiced for additional travelers, please include their names and submit to the Business Office for payment.