While a team is traveling, the University may pay for reasonable entertainment for that team, as long as the entertainment takes place within a 100-mile radius of where the team plays or practices.
It is not permissible for a team to depart more than 48 hours prior to or to remain more than 36 hours after an event or to transport the team to another area for entertainment purposes.
The time limitations do not apply when travel takes place in the following circumstances:
- Prior to and following competition in Hawaii or Alaska.
- Prior to and following regular season competition that takes place during the University’s official vacation period during the academic year.
- Prior to competition in NCAA championship events or certified post season football games.
- Prior to and following regular season competition that takes place during the University’s summer vacation period.
- Prior to and following regular season competition that takes place in one or more foreign countries on one trip during the season and limited or not more than once every four years.
Also, the University may pay for a movie rental or pay-per-view movie in the student athlete’s hotel room or take the team to the movies the night before a home or away competition.