Budget Instructions for 2015-16 Academic Year
Please note, we have continued with prior years’ reconfigured worksheets to streamline the process and provide you historical budget/actual information related to your unit/s.
The worksheets will consist of (3) three budget preparation worksheets for team units, and one (1) worksheet for all other units. Revenue, Supplies & Expense, Travel, R&M, Capital and Special Requests to Receive Consideration will all be addressed on one worksheet. For teams, additional worksheets include GIA Recommendations and Team Travel Season.
- The budgeted value of a full Grant-in-Aid for 2015-16 is $63,975
- The budgeted cost of a full summer school award is $12,100 for the 2015 summer session
The worksheets will provide you with fiscal years ending June 30, 2013, 2014, and year-to-date (at the time the worksheets were prepared) budgeted and actual dollars:
- Review the line items for any areas of concern based on the historical revenues/expenses. Any corrections to current year activity will be required before year-end (June 30, 2015)
- Complete the Data entry field columns for Budget FY16 Proposed, Budget FY17 Pro forma, Budget FY18 Pro forma. Totals will calculate automatically including FY16 variance from prior year budget
- Please note all Capital items must be identified specifically. Capital items are generally those that have a unit value > $5,000. The University categorizes computers and furniture as capital items even if their value is less than $5,000.
- Use “Detail” tab if extra space is needed to provide detail
- GIA recommendations should be listed on the GIA spreadsheet. Please note if you are anticipating an athlete be included in 2015 summer school or books for the 2015-2016 academic year, enter a number 1 in the appropriate column so the correct dollars are allocated to your budget unit
All worksheets should be completed and submitted to your Assistant/Associate AD by Friday, April 10 for discussion and approval. After your manager has approved the budget, please rename as “FINAL” and forward all completed worksheets to “firstname.lastname@example.org” when they are finalized. Meetings will be held to review and revise the line-item budgets in late April and early May and any approval of budget adjustments by the Director of Athletics will be finalized mid-May for submission to the University Budget Office.
If you have any questions/concerns about completing your budget worksheets, please call Kathleen Murphy at 1-8087.
Thank you for your efforts in this matter.