Budget Instructions for 2013-14 Academic Year
Please note, a change for budget year 2014, we have reconfigured prior years’ worksheets to streamline the process and provide you historical budget/actual information related to your unit/s.
The worksheets will consist of (3) three budget preparation worksheets for team units, and one (1) worksheet for all other units. Revenue, Miscellaneous Salary, Supplies & Expense, Travel, R&M, Capital and Special Requests to Receive Consideration will all be addressed on one worksheet. For teams, additional worksheets include GIA Recommendations and Team Travel Summary.
- The budgeted value of a full Grant-in-Aid for 2013-14 is $57,117
- The budgeted cost of a full summer school award is $10,405 for the 2013 summer session
The reconfigured worksheets will provide you with fiscal year ending June 30, 2012 and year-to-date (at the time the worksheets were prepared) March 2013 budgeted and actual dollars:
- Review the line items for any areas of concern based on the historical revenues/expenses. Any corrections to current year activity will be required before year-end (June 30, 2013)
- Complete the Data entry field columns for Budget FY14 Proposed, Budget FY15 Pro forma, Budget FY15 Pro forma. Totals will calculate automatically including FY14 variance from prior year budget
- Please note all Capital items must be identified specifically. Capital items are generally those that have a unit value > $5,000. The University categorizes computers and furniture as capital items even if their value is less than $5,000.
- Use “Detail” tab if extra space is needed to provide detail
- GIA recommendations should be listed on the GIA spreadsheet. Please note if you are anticipating an athlete be included in 2013 summer school or books for the 2013-2014 academic year, enter a number 1 in the appropriate column so the correct dollars are allocated to your budget unit
- For team travel, due to the move to the Atlantic Coast Conference in the Fall 2013, we are aware there is much uncertainty regarding schedules. If your team is affected by the change in conference, please make the best attempt possible to anticipate costs for your team using the team travel worksheet as a guide.
All worksheets should be completed and submitted to your Assistant/Associate AD by Friday, April 19th for discussion and approval. Please rename as “FINAL” and forward all completed worksheets to email@example.com when they are finalized. Meetings will be held to review and revise the line-item budgets in late April and early May and any approval of budget adjustments by the Director of Athletics will be finalized mid-May for submission to the University Budget Office.
If you have any questions/concerns about completing your budget worksheets, please call Kathleen Murphy at 1-8087.
Thank you for your efforts in this matter.